Sunday, February 1, 2009

Under the weather/research

Is it just me or this whole blog thing is not so (can't find my words)! It makes me dizzy. I thought keeping up with blogs would of been a little easier. I'll have to comment on this in the comming weeks to see if i feel the same. All of this is a new experience for me. Don't get me wrong.....I like to try new things however it's just not what i expected.

Does anyone understand why you have to go through a verification word "if this is even what it is called" before you post a comment onto someones blog?

Onto the business....I am one of the few who will be doing my research on a book-lenght ethnography. The title is 'The Virtual Campfire: An Ethnography of Online Social Networking' by Jennifer Anne Ryan. No particular reason why I chose her over the other options. Although I sensed more of an ambuiguity with this title than the other one's and it stuck out the most so this one "won"! Any of the options would of been a learning experience for me. I wish I could give a better reason than that but this one is the truth -plain and simple.

3 comments:

  1. the verification word (you mean the twisty-lettered word(s) you sometimes have to type in to post comments, eh?) is to make sure you're a 'real person' and not just some program crawling around and posting spam (ads, trolling-for-traffic links and other such crap) on folks' blogs. or so I've been led to believe. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rsrcher.....learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The actual term for the "twisty-lettered word(s)" is captcha.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

    ReplyDelete